CMP1014 Creative Technologies

Friday 26 October 2007

Assessment 1 - Trees and water

We was asked for the assessment to take photos and edit them on Photoshop, by using a number of techniques we have previously looked at. I decided for my first picture i was going to compose a number of different exposed images. I chose the topic of landmarks and landscapes as I had recently taken some good photos which would fit in this topic. I chose a bank on the side of the Brayford pool which had trees around the water making a frame. These are the images I took:



After I took the photographs, I used Photoshop as in my previous workshop, I edited the images into one smooth image. By making three layers and playing with the contrast, saturation, brightness and colour levels.

My aim was to obtain a smooth exposer thought out the whole image but keeping the same focal point of the river bank. The building and boats are burred in the background keeping the viewer focus on foreground.

This was my final image:



The image has been posted on Big Stock Photo and is awaiting approval,
The keywords and categories the image comes under are:

Keywords:

bank, boat, brook, clouds, coast, craft, creek, fish, fisherman, fishery, fishing, landscapes, natural, nature, river, rivulet, sand, shore, sky, stream, swim, water, waterfall, waterfowl, waterman, wave.


Categories:

Landscapes > Miscellaneous
Landscapes > Rivers
Nature > Miscellaneous

File Format:: The file format I have chosen is a JPEG,
this is because JPEG saves the images into a small file format, at the same time keeping the images quality good. A downside to a JPEG file is that when zooming into photo, the pixels within the image become very large and the photograph or image brakes up. I chose to use JPEG for this image because it is made to be viewed as a whole picture and not close up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home