CMP1014 Creative Technologies

Tuesday 16 October 2007

Adobe Photoshop - Composite Images

In today's workshop, we were asked to create a single image, from a series of images. The aim of this workshop was to create a realistic image, using the same techniques of layering, selecting and masking as when we made the surreal image. We was provided with six images, all with different exposure and asked to produce one, perfectly exposed composite.






I first took the darkest picture and made it my background, then going from dark to light, dragged the other images onto my background using the move tool, this created a new layer for each image.

As the detail of the temple was better and more in focus in the lighter images I kept this in and by using the rubber tool, removed the sky and parts of the tree in the first two, lighter images. I then removed just the sky in the third lighter image, leaving the tree as the detail was better on this image then the others. On the second darkest image, I added a mask, by selected the mask i could remove the detail in the image but keep the contrast and darkness. this helped the temple's detail to stand out through the lighter images.


This was my final image:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home