CMP1014 Creative Technologies

Tuesday 9 October 2007

Photo Surrealism in Adobe Photoshop

In today’s workshop I was asked to obtain a number of images and blend them together using a number of tools and layers. I was given three different images shown below, a man, an egg, and a spoon.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I first selected the photograph of man and used it as my background layer. I then opened the egg into a new Photoshop file; I then used the marquee tool to choose the area of egg I wanted. I copied this and opened my original background of the man and pasted the egg onto the background, making a new layer; layer 1.

By picking my first layer, I could edit this layer by its self. I resized the image by using Ctrl + T and dragging the corner of the box to the size I wanted while holding Shift to keep the diameter of the pictures the same. I used the opacity to fade the picture slightly so that the man’s forehead would show through the eggs shell, making a more “realistic” image. I still had a box around the egg where I selected it and I used the eraser tool to remove these lines. As this was on layer one, it did not remove anything from the background layer leaving the walls following the egg.

I then copied the spoon like I did with the egg and pasted it on to the background, like before, this made a new layer, layer 2. When I resized the image I noticed that the spoon in the background was leaving a white line around my new spoon. To remove the old spoon I selected the background layer and removed the spoon using the eraser tool. I filled in the space which was just made by using the clone tool. The new spoon was now without a white shadow.

I created a filter which I then changed the brightness and contrast in the whole picture, not with just one layer. I changed the contrast to give the man a slightly yellow look to him as if he was an egg.

This was my final picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home